Try this cool (sorry for the pun) recipe for Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken from Stella’s Kitchen: Creative Cooking for Fun Flavor and a Lean Strong Body, one of my favorite “clean” cookbooks.
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 tbs natural peanut butter, chunky style
- 1 tsp Thai-style red curry paste
- 1 TBS chopped green onion
Spray wok or nonstick frying pan with cooking spray or several squirts of lime juice. Saute the chicken and red pepper until chicken is cooked through. Add peanut butter, Thai curry paste and a small amount of water to reach desired consistency. Cook until hot, stir in green onions and serve.
- Calories – 175
- Carbs – 3.3 g
- Protein – 28.3 g
- Fat – 5.5 g
- Fiber – 1 g