Here’s a challenge to help you gauge your improvement over the next couple of months. I borrowed this challenge from Forest Vance, of Forest Vance Training. He also produced a How To video that you may find helpful.
During Challenge Round 1, you will do the workout as described below in class or in your personal training session. Add up the total number of repetitions you do to get your score. In Challenge Round 2, you’ll repeat the workout, add up your score, and see how much you’ve improved!
We’ll be doing these exercises in class and in personal training sessions throughout the challenge to help you progress.
Challenge Round 1 – week of May 12th
Challenge Round 2 – week of June 9th
The Bodyweight/Medicine Ball/Kettlebell* Challenge Workout
MB Chops or KB Swings*
Hand Release Push-ups
Squat Thrusts with a Clap
Notes on these exercises:
- Chops/swings* – note size of med ball or kettlebell* used.
- Hand Release Push-ups – at the bottom of each rep, take hands off floor
- Walking lunges – lightly touch knee to the ground on each rep. Each step counts as one.
- Rows – any grip
- Squat Thrusts – No push-up at the bottom. Clap hands above the head at the top of each rep
* EXPERIENCED SWINGERS ONLY!!!
Challenge Round Instructions
Get as many reps as you can of each exercise in 60 seconds.
Rest for 30 seconds between exercises.
Do three rounds total, resting for 60 seconds between rounds.
Your score is the total number of repetitions you do in the workout.
300 = great
375 = amazing
450+ = world class
Get to your workout. Do the work. Track your progress!