Here’s a picture of me after a recent shopping trip:
In case you don’t know, I hate food prep (even though I think it’s a great strategy).
Well, I hate food shopping, too. Actually, it’s more food putting away that I hate.
Because I know these things about myself there are certain strategies that I’ve learned to use over the years (some of them are below).
But here’s the thing, too many times throughout my career I’ve heard about the necessity for fast foods or unhealthy food consumption because of lack of time (or lack of food shopping).
But really, I think it comes down to two things:
- Lack of education and simply knowing that healthy food can be just as easy
- The willingness to choose healthier options
So, today I want to share with you a few more of my favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas that are just as fast as hitting a drive through or grabbing unhealthy options.
- Meal replacement shake with water or milk of your choice
- Plain Greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. Add a tablespoon of All Fruit spread if you need to dress up the yogurt a bit.
- Reheated leftovers from last night’s dinner
- Salad kit from the grocery store (just throw some pre-boiled eggs or pre-grilled protein on top).
- Grab from a hot bar – there can be so many great, healthy options! Try Whole Foods or Wegmans.
- Get a rotisserie chicken and a bag of steam in the bag microwave veggies (this will last multiple meals)
Get rid of calorie-laden beverages, and you’re good to go!
So, I hope you see how easy this can be! I am all about doing this health stuff with ease.
Let me know which of these strategies you’re going to try.
P.S. If you need more support around your nutrition, request my 7-Day Meal Plan here: https://www.performancefitnessllc.com/7-day-meal-plan/